I provide a range of different support services, and the details of support I provide will depend on what you have agreed with me. If you have a support contract I will have provided you with a set of terms and you should refer to those.
It is my clients responsibility to make sure content that is published on their websites is done so in an legal and ethical way, making sure all appropriate permissions are sought in advance. If in doubt I can provide guidance where there may be questionable content. I reserve the right to remove inappropriate content if we are alerted to it by our Service Providers or other authorities, though in most instances I'll request that you do in the first instance, and will only do so if I have not had a response within an appropriate time frame.
Basic Service Level
- The server is monitored 24/7 and I aim to fix the web server not being available within 12 hours.
- The web server is backed up nightly
- Support provided by email
- Errors with your website and web application are supported on an ad-hoc basis, I aim to respond within 2
- working days and resolve issues with 5 working days, though this can be dependent upon the age of the website and the nature of the issue.
- Support time is charged at previously agreed rate.
- In the event of a critical server error it may take up to 48 hours to requisition a new server and migrate your website and data to it.
My office house are 9:30-4:30 Monday to Friday
I take up to 8 weeks of vacation time per year, mostly coinciding with Scottish school holidays. During these periods response times may be elongated as I’m not always on-line. In 20 years of providing theses services this has never been an issue, though I do advice advance notice of critical events so that I can be available during them should there be an issue.
Additionally I may be out of the office traveling for business reasons, and these may affect support. Please be patient, I will deal with your issues as promptly as possible.
Support requests should be sent to email@example.com - telephone support is only available to those with a support contract.